Study work and travel
The food and beverage service is part of the service-oriented hospitality sector. It can is a part of a large hotel or tourism business and it can also be run as an independent business.
There are many different types of food and beverage service types or procedures, but the major category of the food service is 1) Plate Service, 2) Cart Service, 3) Plater Service, 4) Buffet Service and 5) Family style service.
- JOB : #62054
- COMPANY NAME : **********
- FIELD OF STUDIES : Travel & Tourism
- MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION : As a member of our team you shall be hardworking, willing to learn and be able to communicate in English on everyday basis. All members of our team should have a positive attitude towards work, their supervisors, collegues, and esspecially our guests.
- ACCEPTED AGE RANGE : 18 to 39 Years
- NATIONALITIES ACCEPTED: ALL
- EARLIEST/ DATE TO JOIN : January 1st, 2020 till January 1st, 2020
- EARLIEST DATE TO LEAVE : January 1st, 2017 till January 1st, 2021
- PERIOD : 2017-01-01
- PERIOD IN MONTHS : 3 Months
- TYPE / TERM : Erasmus Practice
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECEIVE AN ANSWER? : 2days
WHY THEY SHOULD PARTICIPATE AND WHO CAN APPLY?
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? *
WHO CAN APPLY?
Everybody who is a student in an European university or holds a valid Practice visa for Greece and would like to have a great time abroad while doing an internship or Erasmus practice.
- During your internship as a food and beverage trainee you may be responsible for the following duties: Check and clear Waiter’s station during and after service. If required assist in bringing food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Handle all guest complaints in a professional manner. Clear soiled silverware and any other operating equipment to designated wash-up/storage area. Able to generate the final bill from the POS system and offer to guest settlement. To clear and re-set tables according to instructions. To clean all soiled linen to the designated area. Report any theft or damages to Manager/ Assistant Manager. Report to Restaurant Manager/ Assistant Manager before completion of the shift. Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
Hotel with charming bungalows, gardens with tropical palm trees and 4-star services designed for families, couples and groups of friends who want to enjoy a relaxing and authentic ambiance and plans for families, couples and groups of friends who want to enjoy a relaxing and authentic ambiance and plans for all tastes. Located close at hand to the beach, are the perfect nook where to get lost during your holidays. This is a perfect place for you if you are looking for peace, relax and comfort.
DETAILS / DESCRIPTION
Algoos will immediately offer their assistance.
DESCRIPTION OF GIVEN PRACTICE/WORK DAY
As a food and beverage service trainee you may work full shift that means 8hrs in a row or a split shitf which means 4 hours in the morning and four hrs in the afternoon/ evening..
DESCRIPTION OF ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
The hotel provides a shared accommodation and 3 meals per day.
EXTRA CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES
Since Playa Blanca was historically a fishing village, it is very well connected by sea to neighbouring islands of Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. There are a wealth of sea excursions available if you like to spend time on the ocean waves!.
Here are some things to do in Playa Blanca:
Playa Blanca Market: Shop at the most exclusive markets and bargain-hunt for gifts and souvenirs. Also enjoy shopping and eating at the sophisticated Marina Rubicon with cruises and yachts docked near the port.
Teguise Market: Visit one of the oldest markets on the island in Teguise, where you can buy lots of fantastic local products including Canarian food, aloe vera products and souvenirs.
Aqualava Water park: For a fun day out for the whole family, especially kids, plan your visit to the Aqualava water park situated in the Lanzasur Club Hotel.
Island hop to Fuerteventura: Island hop to the sand dunes and beaches of Fuerteventura on a glass-bottomed catamaran.
Island hop to Lobos Island: Go on a catamaran to Lobos island to explore the stunning island, relax in the silence of the coves or dig your feet into the clean sandy beaches and take a dip into the clean blue waters.
Take a catamaran to Papagayo: Sail on a catamaran to Papagayo beach and bay where you can enjoy watersports like snorkelling, swimming, kayaking and more.
Atlantic Adventure: Start this adventure-filled excursion on a glass bottomed catamaran to Papagayo bay, where you can go swimming, snorkelling, have fun on the inflatable mats, go kayaking and even have a go on the Banana boat ride.
Underwater Museum: Dive 14m below the sea to see how the corals cling to the rocks and help the growth of Atlantic Ocean marine life in the Lanzarote Underwater Museum .
- JOB FEE : € 200
- FEE REFUNDABLE : No
- ACCOMMODATION OFFERED : Yes
- FREE MEALS OFFERED : Yes
- WORK DAYS / WEEK : 5
- WORKING HOUR / DAY : 8
- TIPS : Yes
- OVERTIME ALLOWED : Yes
- AIRPORT PICK UP : No
- VISA PAID : No
- PAPER WORK ASSISTANCE: Yes
- WORKING SHIFT :
- FOOD SHIFT :
- EXTRA WORKING HOUR : € 1(per hour)
Playa Blanca is the southernmost town of the Spanish island of Lanzarote. It is the newest resort on the island, and is part of the municipality of Yaiza..
- Valid Passport/ID
- NIE number
- Training contract
- Erasmus documents if you are coming via Erasmus
-Visa for practice if you are a non-EU citizen..
VISA INFORMATION PRICE : € Visa for NON -EU citizents costs approx. 60 euros
You need to apply in the embassy of the country where you study, it takes around a month to receive it..